Wednesday 26 December 2012

Hello

Well today, I have decided to start this blog to document the story of my family history search.  So here is a bit of history, of how this started.
My son Jayden was born in 2007, and in the same year my husband's uncle, father and mother all died.  When his Uncle Jo died, we found, what has since become our "little box of treasures". This was literally a box of birth certificates, burial receipts, plot numbers and photo's.  This sparked the interest of trying to find out who these people were.  Almost 5 and half years later, we have found many many relatives, all over the world, and have done just what my mother in law wanted, and that was to find a picture of her father.  Unfortunately we couldn't do this before she passed away but have continued our search for as many photo's as we could find, of all family members.
I thought that maybe this blog could help people who are starting off on the same journey as us, or have specific "brick walls" that they may have struggled overcoming, or even help me should they have an answer to my brick walls.  Maybe even just make good reading for the family history enthusiast out there!
Look forward to posting more later
Vikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment